The Gujarat government is always running various schemes to make women self-reliant. The information of Mahila Utkarsh Yojana is given in this article. The following information is given on which to apply, who will get the benefit, what documents are required, how to get the loan assistance, the objective of the scheme, targets etc.
Name of the scheme Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana
Launched by Gujarat Government
Total Budget Rs. 168 crore
Financial support to women’s groups
Women’s groups: 1 lakh
Women group members: 10 lakh
Purpose Of Providing Credit
Implementation of this scheme in rural areas by Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company Ltd. (GLPC) and in urban areas by Gujarat Urban Development Mission (GULM). The main objective of this scheme is to create 1 lakh Joint Liability Earnings and Savings Group (JLESG) and make 10 lakh women self reliant by encouraging joint economic activity through these groups.
The Main Features Of This Scheme Are As Under.
- If each group pays regular installment under this scheme, Rs. Provision has been made to pay interest above Rs. 1 lakh from the Government.
- Under the scheme 60,000 JLESG will be covered in rural area and 30,000 in urban area. In which the amount of interest is to be paid by the government to the lending institutions on behalf of the women’s group.
- For successful implementation of this scheme Nationalized Banks, Grameen Banks, Cooperative Banks, Private Banks, Cooperative Societies and RBI Other recognized credit institutions – MFIs will also be promoted by the Government. (* Changes may be subject to change)
The Purpose Of The Scheme
- Involve women in the Joint Liability Earnings and Savings Group (JLESG).
- Through Government Banks, Private Banks, Co-operative Banks and Lending Institutions, Rs. 1.00 lakh lending.
- Provide self employment and livelihood through lending.
Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility to avail the benefits of this scheme is as under.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Gujarat.
- The applicant in this scheme should be a woman.
- Applicant must be part of self help group of Gujarat.
- Self help group should have 10 members.
- The government is going to provide loan to these groups and the interest will be paid by the government to the bank.
- 10 women who want to get credit.
- Women should be 18 to 6 years old
- Priority to widowed abandoned sisters.
- Existing group whose loan is not outstanding.
- Target: 1 lakh groups, 1 million women and 5 million family members
- Of these, 30,000 groups in rural areas and 50,000 groups in urban areas.
- Rs. Interest Assistance up to Rs. Loan amount: Rs. 1 lakh
- Interest: As per 15%, maximum Rs. 5,000 / –
- Loan repayment: Rs. 10000 / – per annum as per installment of Rs. 1,50,000 / –
- Out of which Rs. 1,00,000 loan recovery and Rs. 20,000 as savings.
Waiver of stamp duty: Waiver of stamp duty required for bank loan is to be given.
Lending Institutions And Support
- Nationalized Banks, Grameen Banks, Cooperative Banks, Private Banks, Cooperative Societies and RBI Recognized other lending institutions
- Support to banks / lending institutions
- Rs per group 2000 / – for recovery mechanism.
- Aadhar card is a very important document that you must have with you.
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Two passport size photographs
What is Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana?
Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana Gujarat is a woman beneficiary scheme that provides loans to states poor women up to Rs. 100000/- for domestic businesses.
What is the interest rate on loans taken under CM Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) Scheme?
Loans will be provided at 0% interest rate through MMUY.
Who launched MMUY?
CM Vijay Rupali launch this scheme on 7th September 2022.