Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
PM Jan Dhan Yojana is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner. Account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. PMJDY accounts are being opened with Zero balance.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Application Form
PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
The account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. Accounts opened under PMJDY are being opened with Zero balance. However, if the account-holder wishes to get the checkbook, he/she will have to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
Documents required to open an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana
- If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other documents is required. If address has changed, then a self certification of current address is sufficient.
- If Aadhaar Card is not available, then any one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport & NREGA Card. If these documents also contain your address, it can serve both as Proof of Identity and Address.
- If a person does not have any of the “officially valid documents” mentioned above, but it is categorized as low risk by the banks, then he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
- Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
- Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Special Benefits under PM Jan Dhan Yojana
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental Insurance cover of Rs. 1 Lac under Rupay Scheme and for accounts opened after 28-08-2018 accidental Insurance Cover is of Rs. 2 lac
- No minimum balance required.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs.30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition i.e. accounts opened between 15.08.2014 – 31.01.2015.
- Easy Transfer of money across India
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PM Jan Dhan Yojana shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at same Bank channels) and off-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at other Bank Channels) within 90 days prior to date of accident including accident date will be included as eligible transactions under the Rupay Insurance Program 2016-2017.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs. 10000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household subject to eligibility and Overdraft for Rs. 2000/- is hassel free